yes, I am a knitter. I finally finished what everyone thinks is a scarf, and what I keep telling everyone is part of a blanket. But whatever. It's still gonna be FREAKING AWESOME!!!! It's going to be kind of like a stash blanket worked in strips. I just finished the fifteen-stitch-wide part, and now I'm moving on to the twenty. I still have some yarn left over from the fifteen stitch part, so I'm going to start the twenty stitch part with that color and then tie on the next color when the first one runs out. When I'm done with the twenty stitch part, which everyone will probably think is also a scarf, I'm probably going to have a lot of yarn left over, since I have a considerable amount from the fifteen stitch, so I'm going to do the twenty five with the second color. I know it sounds confusing. It makes sense in my head. There's only going to be six balls of yarn used, but two of them are really big, so I'm going to use them for the wider parts (the ones with forty and forty five stitches). If I have enough yarn for that. Which I probably will. Because of the work-to-the-last thing. But oh well. If I run out, I'm going to use my color scraps ball. It's the ball I have for balls of yarn that are really tiny and are the kinds of yarn that have different colors in them. Okay, most of the balls aren't really tiny, but they defiantly not as big as when I got them.
Anyway, iiiiit's GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SEASON! Rather, it's that time of year when I've sent around the order form and now I have to go to the trouble of giving the actual boxes out. Which is really annoying because I have to carry them around in plastic bags that split every two seconds if you put more than two boxes in them. The only really sturdy ones are the bags that the newspaper comes in, but they're really skinny and they're susceptible to splitting anyway if you put the wider boxes in them. And you can't fit more than like two or three, because of the bags being so small and thin. Those plastic bags you get in the grocery stores are preferable in this case, but they're really bad for the environment.
Well, night before last my parents and I finished watching the BBC dramatization of Pride and Prejudice. It was defiantly different than the Keira Knigtley one, but one isn't better than the other. The Keira Knightley one has better acting, better sets, and I don't care that my mom says it doesn't look like the REAL outdoors when they're filming outside, but I like it. But the BBC one is a lot more true to the book and the costumes are probably closer to what the characters might have actually worn. But on the other hand, it's around five hours long, because they put every last detail of dialogue into the movie.
Now we're watching Emma, which I haven't read. So far, I REALLY don't like it. Emma is a really annoying person. She's dead spoiled and set up a match for her governess and then she's setting up a match for her friend Hannah. But the thing is, Hannah just isn't into the guy that Emma is setting her up with, because near the end Hannah goes over to Emma and says that she got this proposal letter from this dude that she likes. So far, Emma is a real jerk.
This feels really weird because I have a friend called Emma, and she's not spoiled or anything. And I don't think she'd ever tell someone to ditch the person they like because she was trying to set them up with someone else. But oh well.
I have to go now. Just because I feel like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment