Wednesday, April 22, 2009

post #55

I honestly need to come up with better post titles. Anyway, I am bored and have nothing to do. Today is a conversation day that I have off in Spanish, and I am technically supposed to be doing independent work, but I did not feel like it. So I am not doing it. I will do it tonight as homework. It is not that hard. Maybe. I think.

OOH!!! That just reminded me of the "Tonight" (West Side Story-the duet "tonight") parodies that my friend and I made up on the Atlanta trip.

Or some of them, anyway. We only did a few.

Like, for example,

tonight
tonight
we're leaving town tonight
tonight we will not get any sleep
tonight
tonight
we're leaving home tonight
and we're going
to Atlanta
tonight

And,

today
all day I had a feeling
that I would have to sing
I know now
I was right
for here we are
and what was just some boredom
is a song

Or something like that. That was the day that the chorus people went to competition. The other one was the night we were leaving our home town and going to Atlanta. We did this one for going home:

tonight
tonight
we're leaving town tonight
tonight we will not get any sleep
tonight
tonight
we're going home tonight
and we will not
be in Atlanta
anymore

Ah, good times. That trip was so much fun. Where are we going next year?

Last weekend I went to this thing with my venture crew. Venturing is a sort of subdivision of boy scouting that is coed. It's awesome, even though my venture crew has like fifteen people and only two of them are guys. Or something like that. It's rather lame. But what the heck.

Anyway, the worst part of it was the food. Most of the food was just the sort of thing that comes in a package and then you heat it up and give it to people, and it has a ton of gross preservatives and crap on it. It's really gross. I hate eating stuff like that without having a chance to do something to actually wear it off. I did, technically, but the only things that I really did to somewhat wear it off was archery and the long walk down the long hill to the archery range and back to the tent. Which was quite a long way, by the way. There was also this dancing thing, but that was not a whole ton of fun. I was bored most of the time. And I was tired because I couldn't sleep that well because my sleeping bag was on a rock.

After diner was this carnival/dance thing, which was kind of fun. I won a rubber duck by blowing on it and beating my friend. It was all in good fun, though. I was originally going to be in the jell-o eating contest, but then I saw the portions for the first round, and I was like, no. Just no. Because I thought the portions would be like the size of your fist, or maybe a bit bigger, but not by much, but no, they weren't even close. Those portions were as big as the entire plate. AND they were at least an inch thick. And then they put on whipped cream. Sugar is nice, but that much sugar in that concentration and consuming it at a very fast rate is rather gross. And I had had enough crap that day anyway, so I didn't want to barf. Which I probably would have if I had gone through with it.

This weekend, I'm going on a retreat with my youth group. I'm not saying where, number one because someone could stalk me, and number two because I have absolutely no idea where it is. These things as they are, I'm not saying anything.

And I'm really tired.

And I have a headache.

And a cold.

And I don't know why I have a cold or a headache, but I probably have a headache because I have a cold. That makes absolutely no sense, does it?

Anyway....

No comments: