Friday, May 22, 2009

Aragorn monolouge

Hold your ground, hold your ground. Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day. This day we fight! For all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand, Men of the West!


This is an Aragorn monologue. And I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, I think it's like the best monologue ever. It's from "Return of the King," and it's just before the EPIC epic battle, and Aragorn is being all like, don't give up hope, and stuff, and it's amazing. Seriously, whenever people do epic monologues at times like those, I have this mantra going in my head that's like, "Say, 'I bid you stand, Men of the West.' Say 'I bid you stand Men of the West.' SAY IT SAY IT SAY IT!!!!!" Seriously that's what goes on in my head whenever scenes like that occur. Like in the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie (At World's End), when Elizabeth's all like, okay, we have absolutely no chance of winning this thing, and our enemies probably want to beat the s**t out of us, but fight the s**t out of yourselves before they get to it, so I BID YOU STAND MEN OF THE WEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously I wish she'd said that.
Okay going now.

No comments: