Tuesday, May 5, 2009

blah lah la

So anyway........ I learned how to flip someone when they have me in a headlock. No, I can't show you. But I learned how to do it from a guy who was almost twice my size. It is very empowering when I actually did it on him. Yes, I ACTUALLY got out of the headlock and got him onto the ground. I was always sort of intimidated by him, but he turned out to be kind of nice. He reminds me a bit of another adult guy at my dojang who is also really nice. That's what's great about having nice adult guys at your dojang who are willing to help you with combat material-they teach you stuff, and then when you do it on them you know that you can do it on pretty much anyone if you have to because they're probably the biggest people that you're going to end up having to flip over. Except for maybe some really strong guy who goes to McDonald's every day. Or something. I'm thinking of a worst-case scenario here. But now my arms kind of hurt because flipping people over is mostly in the arms, more specifically the shoulders, as are all the one step sparring things for black belts-it's basically learning street fighting. I have to get out of someone holding me somewhere (which was why I was learning to get out of a headlock), flipping someone over (I can't actually remember whether the headlock one was a hold or a flip. It could have counted for either.), get away from a gun pointing at you, a knife about to stab you, and I'm not sure whether this is actually part of what I have to do, but breaks. Like breaking bones type breaks. I'm not sure though. But what's awesome is that I get to basically come up with my own one step sparring. The only annoying thing is that once I come up with the two one steps for each category, I'm stuck with them until my second degree test. Or later. So if I don't want to break my back I'm probably not going to do the headlock one until my second degree. But the headlock one is useful. Also the lapel one, even though that one's kind of hard. Okay, you probably have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about.
I'll shut up now.
The end.

No comments: