When will school be out? I REALLY am tired of the epic last-minute stuff in high school. School lets out on the 17th. I have a history test on the 15th. I have an English project due on the 16th. How fun is that?
On the up side, I finished my other Epic English Project that's due on Wednesday. The Lord of the Rings one. But the other Epic English Project that's due on the 16th is a compilation of all these essays that I've had to write over the course of the year and then some. GAH! I really hope people are right when they say that high school is harder than college, because I really don't want to have to deal with epic projects all through college, too. I want to do well in school, it's just I don't want to have to do epic amounts of projects in the process. If we had less of the super-analyzing types of homework and projects and more of the do-this-then-that-and-finish-in-five-minutes types of homework, then life would be so much easier. Seriously. I REALLY am not looking forward to next year, unless next year's teachers are nice. Very nice.
Next year, I'm going to USE my free blocks. And I'm going to actually do the work so I won't be complaining. I don't really want to do the work, it's just I never used my free block this year to do it so it would be less homework and more schoolwork. I think that's the reason it's so hard-too much of HOME work and not enough SCHOOL work. At least I didn't have a whole ton of work during West Side Story, when we were rehearsing until ten. That would have been horrid. Really horrid. And hard. But now school is ALMOST OVER and we still have TWO (count 'em-two!) tests in history and some English projects and a frog dissection in biology (no, I'm not actually dissecting the frog, I'm doing the virtual way instead) and a final in BOTH Geometry AND Spanish. So that's FOUR tests and TWO projects and ONE big thing of classwork.
I remember in 6th grade when I was able to start clearing out my locker by June 1st. Now, all my stuff is still in there. In fact, there is MORE stuff in there because I've had to bring textbooks back. By this time in 6th grade, life was a breeze. Now I have more stress than ever. Even in eighth grade, they weren't testing us on the third-to-last day of school. Now, however... *groan*. I'm so glad summer break is almost here.
No comments:
Post a Comment