Sunday, June 28, 2009

Service Projects!

Well, I went to church today, as I do most Sundays. And after all the ASP people had been recognized and we went off to do our recap and whatnot, I had an idea. I really want to carry on the service project thing, as I really, really, really, really, really enjoyed ASP, and I really, really, really, really, really like knitting, so I thought, well, why not put the two together? So I continued knitting and thinking and listening, and I thought, since I was making a scarf, even though it's June, why not knit scarves for some cause, even though there's a gazillion causes for which you can knit scarves. So I thought, why not do my own cause, like knit them for homeless people and then give them to Christ House? So I thought I'd do that. And in the car just now, on the way back from California Pizza Kitchen, where all the ASP people ate lunch, I brought up the topic with my mom, and she was like, well, why not do it for your gold award project? I thought that was a pretty good idea. So now, after many hours of random thoughts about nothing that really worked for my gold award, I came up with an idea in a split second. Weird how this world works, isn't it? During the time when I first thought about the thing, I, for some reason, decided to name it the Rainbow Scarf Project, even though that's a really silly sounding name and the project has nothing to do with Gay Rights, however much I support them. So now I'm just calling it the Gold Award Project, even though that's an even worse name. Or I could just not name the project. That works, too. Or maybe I'll just let it go through and figure out a name once I'm done with the Gold Award. That works, too. Well, I'm off. I'm going to go knit for the Whatever-It-Is Project.

No comments: