Wednesday, August 12, 2009

something better-muppet treasure island

i couldn't help it...

Jim: I look around here and I want to cry,
Gonzo: Yeah, me too.
Jim: I feel like the world is passing me by.
Rizzo: Hey, it is!
Jim: And I just can't help but wonder,
Am I doomed to wash and dry?
And if it's a curse I'm under
To do it 'till I die?
Gonzo: Gee, I hope not!

Jim: When I could be an explorer,
Sailing off to distant lands,
Instead of spending afternoons
Just getting dish-pan hands!

My future looks like nowhere
That I want to be,
There's gotta be something better,
Something better,
There's gotta be something better than this for me.

Gonzo: Yeah!
If it's weird and wild we'll go and find it,
The crazier the better is what I say!

Rizzo: To tell the truth I really wouldn't mind it,
Gonzo: Mind what?
Rizzo: If we found some place with ten square meals a day!

Jim: Let danger call my name!
Rizzo: If it does I'm gonna hide
Jim: I'll put my courage to the test,
Gonzo: And I'll be by your side
Rizzo: He'll be by your side.

Jim: There's gotta be something better than this,
Gonzo and Rizzo: Something more than this, to see
Jim: I know that there's so much out there to see.
And I know this life I'm living,
Can't be my destiny
Gonzo and Rizzo: Destiny
All: There's gotta be something better,
Something better,
There's something better than this for you and...
Me!

No comments: