Sunday, September 27, 2009

Renn Fest!!!!

Well, we went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday, and it was REALLY fun. I DID spend almost all of my budget, and yes, at least half of it was on food. But I DID get a really cool bodice for ten bucks, and at the store next door they were in the hundred-dollar range. Mind you, the store next door's bodices were quite a bit fancier. However, the bodice I got's just cooler because it hasn't got any crazy sort of Fleur-De-Lis-type fabric pattern or anything. It's just plain black with a few ribbons sewn onto it and ties on the shoulders. I like it. You can wear it as a vest, which is nice, or you could lace up the front and it'll look like you're wearing a corset, which is kind of cool.
I also got a really cool necklace. And we got our faces painted. Mine was a blue and black tribal sort of pattern that took up half my face. It looked really cool, even when I had to put my glasses back on. The thing went just below your eyebrow and on the bit of your nose right by your eye. I'm not sure what that's called.
We also did a huge photo op at the stockade, which is always loads of fun. The stockade is the place where you stick your head and your hands in the holes and look evil, because the stockade used to be a form of punishment, and you hang wooden signs around your neck with whatever your crime was. I decided that my crime was just being stupid. I don't really see how being stupid (well, it was 'fool' on the sign) is criminal, but whatever.
And we also *tried* to learn to juggle, but it didn't work out so well.
But, all in all, it was a pretty fun day.
And we took pictures with a whole ton of the actors who were like part of the King's court and stuff. And with Henry the VIII, of course.
It was REALLY fun.

No comments: