Well, I said I'd summarize when the song was done, and the song is done, so I'll summarize what happened at family camp. Mind you, I caught a lot of it on film, with the aid of my mother and my brother.
Anyway, Friday. We arrived at West River. It's a really awesome Methodist Retreat Center. They have just finished building a new dining hall, which is really nice on the inside, but on the other hand, it takes up a lot of of what used to be a really awesome field that was useful for football, ultimate Frisbee, and generally letting your kids run around like the lunatics you know they are. Anyway, now most of the field is gone to the Snazzy New Dining Hall. It really is snazzy, I just wish it had been behind the old one so we could have more space to run around crazy. Anyway, we get there, and then we have a cookout. And we eat food. And I film some of the kids running around crazy in the now-limited space, in order to upload it to the computer, slow it down, and set it to "chariots of fire," which I have not done yet. Anyway, I also interrogate some people ("so, _______, why are you psyched about family camp?" etc), and then eat food, and then film/ interrogate some more. Then we go inside for some icebreaker games/ make fools of ourselves/ have me film everyone looking really stupid and then putting it into a video. Then we go have a campfire, which usually happens on Saturday night, but it was decided that in order for more of the really little kids to get hyped up on chocolate and marshmallows, it was moved to Friday night. I really wish I had not dropped off the video camera in the room when I got my sweatshirt, because it would have been really funny to get a video of everyone singing, even if you could not see them. It would have been hilarious as a voice over.
Anyway, Saturday we wake up and then go eat and then hang out. I should have done some more filming, but I was lazy and I did not. Then we ate lunch and hung out some more. My dad and brother came for the day on Saturday, and I interrogated them. On film. After dinner, there was the square dancing, which was really fun. We had given an open invitation to the people from the other groups that were at West River at the same time we were, so some of them showed up and it was fun. My mom and brother and dad did some filming and photography during the dancing, because as much as I wanted to be a filmmaker, I wanted to actually get some exercise that day. That and the fact that I have a reputation for doing every dance for like three years now, so I COULD NOT not dance. Then, after the dancing, some people went to bed, then some people hung out and played games. Some other people and I played boggle, which was really fun.
This morning, I had staked out a spot before getting my food for breakfast, so I ended up sitting with a bunch of people from the other church. They were really nice, actually. We had a decent conversation about various things. Then I left because I had promised I would tag along with the little kid's nature walk, and I wanted to do some filming, etc, and I wanted to make sure I had a decent battery on the camera. So we did the walk, and then we did a church service out in the same area where the campfire circle is, and then we hung out and I interrogated people, and then we did a circle, and then we went home. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment