Sunday, October 11, 2009

bit at the end

Well, here is a bit at the end of the story, where Garrett and Simon finally get their butts kicked by Lily for hating each other/ arguing all the time. It references some things that I have yet to write during the middle of the story.
This is after they all kill the bad guys and complete the quest. They're still in the bad guy's castle, and the quest is almost finished, they just have to get back to camp. So then Simon and Garrett start arguing and stuff. I was going to have Lily scream something kinda inappropriate at the end, but I decided not to, because Merlin's Pants and Your Mother are just funnier that way.

"Well, it's all thanks to me that we won, isn't it?" Garrett said. "I got us here and I did a lot of the fighting and I made sure we were safe.
"Oh, and that troll killed itself, did it?" Simon shot at him. "The meals cooked themselves, did they? Maldan was hearing things other than the flute, was he? Or was that just me making stuff up, as usual?"
"Okay, so you three did some of the stuff, but I did most-" Garrett began to say.
"Lily did most of the stuff," Simon interrupted. I had never seen him that mad. "You just don't like to admit that a girl and an outlaw both killed more bad things than you did tonight."
"It's not that I"m embarrassed or anything-" Garrett began again.
"You jsut want to take all the credit, don't you?" Simon hollered. "You hate sharing the glory. I'm surprised you got knighted, you're so selfish."
"Simon, be reasonable!" Garrett yelled.
"BOYS!" I screamed over both of them. They stared at me in disbelief. I guess they weren't expecting me to yell that loud. Or maybe they didn't want to be addressed as boys. Either way, it got their attention, but it didn't hold for long.
"He started it," Simon said.
"Robin Hood started it," Garrett snarled.
"Prince John started it," Simon growled.
"Your MOTHERS started it!" I yelled.
They both stared at me again.
"Now that you two have sufficiently shut up," I continued, but I didn't get any farther than that.
"Don't make comments about my mother," Garrett snapped.
"Don't give her reason to, then," Simon said.
"This isn't a laughing matter, outlaw," Garrett retorted.
"Don't make it one, then, your worshipness," Simon replied sarcastically.
"MERLIN'S PANTS!!" I screamed at the top of my voice. For a third time they stared at me. Just to make sure they'd listen, I grabbed both of them by the ear and pulled them down to my height. They both gasped in pain. I was amazed at my own authority in the matter.
"Now, listen," I said in my most dangerous voice. "I don't care that Simon is an outlaw ang Garrett is a knight. I don't care that it's supposed to make you two sworn enemies. I don't care that you two find it impossible to agree on anything. You were sent on this quest for a reason, and I don't think it's because you hate each other. You both are good at certain things and bad at others, and the sooner you own up to the fact that someone else might actually be better at something than you are, the happier you'll be. And you are NOOT allowed to argue anymore, because I SWEAR I will rip you both to pieces if I EVER catch you at it again, and I will be employing spies, too. Do I make myself QUITE clear?"
"Yes," they both gasped.
"Good," I said, and I let them go.
It was so much fun being a girl. No guy would have been able to get away with that.

No comments: