Thursday, November 5, 2009

my english teacher is the coolest person ever.

My English teacher has just assigned the AWESOMEST homework in the history of awesome homeworks. Yes, I know that "awesomest" and "homeworks" aren't words, but I DON'T REALLY CARE RIGHT NOW!!! This homework is officially amazing. It's a long story about how the assignment works, but it involves IMing people. Since none of my friends have IM (well, some of them do, but none of them are in my English class), my friend and I are going to do it in Gmail Chat. The only annoying part is the actual discussion. There's a prize for the pair with the best set. The assignment is basically to IM (or Facebook or Gmail or whatever) another person in the class and have a discussion about all the characters that we've encountered in the bazillion readings that we have done and what they believe in. This is based off of her last assignment, which was to go onto the website This I Believe (you can go there here) and print out your favorite essay of the selection they have. The stuff on This I Believe is basically what people believe in. For example, one of the essays is called "Be cool to the Pizza delivery dude" and Bill Gates did one on creativity and how it's affected him in his Microsoft-ness.
Anyway, I'm going to go now.

No comments: