Thursday, December 17, 2009

HooraY!

So I went to Tae Kwon Do today, which made me very happy. I also learned Chulgi and Pagwe I Jang, which are my new forms. Pagwe I Jang still needs a little work, but the thing is... CHULGI IS OFFICIALLY THE COOLEST FORM EVER!! I love it. I just half explained it while doing it with a LOT of sound effects for my parents a little while ago. It was kind of funny because it was like, "and then it's like WHAA!! And then you're like, WHA-CHA!! And then that guy's nose is broken, and then you put your arm on the back of his head and break his nose again..." it was really funny. But the cool thing is Chulgi is all on one horizontal line. There are no steps forward or back, just sideways. It's the first form I've had that does that. It's really cool. I like it a LOT, even more than doing Heron Stance in Gumgan, because standing on one foot with one arm up and one arm down and looking over your shoulder on some parallel to whichever foot you're standing on is kind of hard. I know that I'm half rambling in Korean, but whatever. Gumgan and Chulgi are the names of forms. Gumgan is the first degree form. Chulgi is the eight gup form. Pagwe Il Jang, not to be confused with Pagwe I Jang, is the other first degree form. And Pagwe I Jang is pronounced like "ee" not "I". Just so you know. The only problem with Chulgi is that I keep messing up which arm is doing the outer block at what point. But other than that, it is quite fun to do. YAY TAE KWON DO!

No comments: