Friday, December 11, 2009

OOOH!!!!

There was going to be a lock in at church tomorrow, but as there were only going to be like four people showing up, we're going to see a movie instead. I really want to see "The Princess and the Frog," because it's Disney and Disney is amazing and it's animated and it looks really good, and it comes out today. I just talked to the Youth Minister about it, and he told me the names of the other people who were going, and so by the sound of it, I'm the only one who's going to want to go to "Princess and the Frog," no matter how hard I try to convince the others. Not that I'm going to try, as I don't have their email addresses. I'm also going to have to show up kind of late because of the belt ceremony thing.
My mom didn't really want to go, for some reason. I guess I can see her reasoning. Why drive for like half an hour both ways to get a piece of tape put on my belt and a certificate saying I got it? My answer to that is that it might be a piece of tape to her, but to me it means I'm officially cooler than a first degree, because it officially an eight gup. But she doesn't really get that, because she doesn't do tae kwon do. I do. So there.
But the Youth Minister is okay with me being a bit late. I really hope we get to see "Princess and the Frog" for a couple reasons, though. Number one, even though the initial transformation sounds exactly like E. D. Baker's "The Frog Princess," the rest of it sounds totally different and really good. Second, it's a black princess. Third, the princess seems to actually have a brain, which is always a good thing, and all the other Disney princess with the exception of Mulan seem to be all like, "Oh, Prince Charming! Save me!" Well, Ariel sort of had a brain. But Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella and Snow White are definitely the sort of princess who depend on the guy for survival and rescue and everything, and Tiana seems more independent or at least co dependent, not entirely guy dependent. YAY!

No comments: