Monday, December 14, 2009
post # 279
Dude. The Terra Cotta Warriors = amazing. I went to see them today with school in some museum downtown. I think it was National Geographic. They were SO COOL. It's totally true about how each of them had their own unique face, even though there were only like five or ten statues there total, the only faces that looked alike were the pair of identical twins in the grade below me. That automatically made it cool. There was also a lot of really cool detailing on the armor and the faces and stuff. There were also these musicians and acrobats. And a horse. Some of the warriors were still intact, but some had been broken somewhat and then put back together sort of. The clay honestly looks like stone. It was really cool, though. There was also some jade jewelry (apparently jade was more valuable than gold) and some other things that were really cool, like this stone swan and this stone crane. The entire exhibit was a mass of awesome, so I don't remember all of it. It was so awesome that I now have a mask of one of the warrior's faces. It's the guy with the big bun on the top of his head. One of the guys with the big bun on the top of his head, anyway. And Terra Cotta Warrior Playing Cards. It's just really awkward whenever I try to wear the mask because of my glasses. But you really should see them. It's insane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment