Well, the time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things: of shoes, of ships, of sealing, wax, of cabbages and kings, of why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings, of colleges and quests and decisions, and teenagers who get totally freaked about stuff like that. Why yes, I did just randomly make up that last bit. The original poem is by Lewis Carrol from "Alice in Wonderland." I like it.
Anyhoo, colleges have consistently been emailing me, but now they are actually MAILING me. Like, in the mailbox type mail. I like getting letters, it's true. No, I LOVE getting letters. But if this is going to be anything like what my brother had, by the time the school year is out, 82% of the things in the mail will be college spam. There'll be even more once I take the SATs. I don't know what I want in a college, aside from a liberal arts college that's not in-state. I love living where I do, but I want to try living somewhere else for a change, you know? It's either that or the college that's about ten minutes from my house so I can continue with tae kwon do. It's one of those two. See, I love tae kwon do, and I'll probably graduate with my second degree. But at the same time, sometimes Olympic fantasies remain fantasies, and I don't want to give up one dream for another. The thing is, I have about twenty dreams for my future.
GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is this normal?
No comments:
Post a Comment