Monday, April 19, 2010

okay, moving on with life

Okay, Philadelphia trip:

I woke up at 4:45, and the bus departed at 6:30. We sang in a mall, went shopping, ate lunch, then we went to the Nationals/ Phillies game. The Nationals won. It was awesome, except for the part where a drunk Phillies fan threw a beer bottle at us. We went on a Ghost Tour after the game, which was really cool but kind of creepy. I went on pretty much the same tour after sixth grade, but it was still cool. After that, we went to the hotel for the first time, and then we went to bed. The people in my room, at least, talked for quite a while before going to bed. I was rooming with three eighth graders, but I still had fun with them.

The next morning, we woke up at 6:30 and went to breakfast at 7. At 8:30, we went on a tour that wasn't really a tour, and then we went to lunch. Then we went to the music clinics. My choir went last, and we only had like ten minutes to perform and get critique for one of our songs. It was really annoying, but the guy doing the critiques was really cool. After that, we went back to the hotel to change and then we could go to another shopping opportunity if we wanted. I went, just because, but it was really lame- just tourist trap type stuff. Then we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner, and then we went to a concert by the Philadelphia Orchestra. They were REALLY good, especially the pianist who did Beethoven's 2nd concerto. Anyway, then we went back to the hotel, then we went to sleep.

The next morning, we woke up, ate breakfast, and then I came back, taught my friend how to knit, and then my body decided that it didn't like sausage and puked it back up again. I was able to make it to the toilet before it came out, though, which was really lucky. Anyway, then we went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, and then we went to lunch on this cruise thing at which I got a noise headache because it was really loud. Then we went to the Franklin Institute of Science Museum, and then we went to Dave and Buster's for dinner and gaming and stuff, where my headache worsened, and then the bus took us back home.

Overall, I had a LOT of fun. I think that, comparing to Atlanta, I'm not entirely sure which I liked better - both were really fun.

No comments: