Well, after many long weeks of anticipation and things like, "HOLY COW MY BROTHER IS LEAVING FOR COLLEGE IN 4 WEEKS/ DAYS/ HOURS!", my brother has finally and successfully been moved into his dorm room at UVA, and seems to be doing well, in the seven hours that it's been since we've seen each other, and from the one phone call I've had from him thus far, which was an accidental call, apparently. Anyhoo, it seems like a really nice campus, albeit a rather HUGE one. There was also this street marching band that was mostly saxophones and trumpets and a piccolo and some drums and they did a really cool version - I kid you not - of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance. I would post a video, but I don't know how to do that yet. Still working on that. And there's also the potential copyright issues involved if I do that, so can you just take my word for it? Thanks.
Another cool thing that's happened since last I wrote is that I friended a lot of the staffers that we met at Lenhok'sin earlier in the summer, and I had a nice conversation with one of the staffers at the Civil War outpost earlier this evening. :D
Anyhoo, it's my youth minister's LAST DAY TOMORROW!!! :( :( :(
I'll miss you, M.S., if you're reading this! (which you probably aren't, but whatever...).
All right, well... goodbye for now!
Oh, and I went on a LONGER amount of driving yesterday with my mom. Although I did reach speeds above ten miles an hour, I'm still not sure whether I'm psychologically prepared to go above 20 miles, even though in some areas I can probably get a ticket for going too slowly (aka going 15 (WHICH IS REASONABLE!) in a 25 mile zone or something). Still got to work on that...
No comments:
Post a Comment