Oe-l nga-ti kame. Yes, I DID just put in Na'vi. And yes, I did copy and paste it from Wikipedia. How did you guess? Na'vi is perhaps the coolest language ever (aside from Sindarin, of course).
By the way, it's the greeting that the Na'vi do: "I See you." What I copied and pasted from Wikipedia. I feel like such a nerd right now...
But let me explain how I got to looking up how to speak Na'vi on Wikipedia/ Google (I know I'm a nerd, but at least I ADMIT it): the dinner table discussion tonight was actually interesting. It was about life on other planets. Apparently some astrophysicist somewhere found some planet that can support human life, but it's about a bazillion light years away.
I also did some calculations on my phone, and even if the sun explodes in 500 million years, we here on Earth will have about 17 years to ship everyone out of the solar system.
That is, if the sun's explosion travels at the speed of light.
And humans have figured out how to ship other humans at the speed of light by that point.
And people haven't already destroyed the earth's ozone layer by abusing the air quality.
And there are still people to figure out how to ship themselves at the speed of light in order to save themselves from the Sun's explosion.
And, of course, if we haven't shipped ourselves out to this unknown planet already.
But it's a really cool thing to think about, isn't it? LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS. IT COULD EXIST.
And that's how we got onto Avatar.
And that's why I'm blogging about Na'vi instead of practicing for my District choir audition in a few weeks.
YAY NA'VI!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment