Well, as I had nothing better to do (and I wanted to go anyway, as it's 20-30 minutes away from my house), I went to the Museum of Natural History today. I've been there many times, but I still felt like going because it's the SMITHSONIAN, and there had to be at least a FEW new exhibits since I last visited when I was ten, right?
Well, there WERE a few new exhibits - there was this really cool one about bones (complete with weirdly healed rib fractures and bullet holes in heads), one about insects (not AS interesting, probably because there were fewer Random Insect Facts than there were Latin Insect Names, and also there were no bullets-in-ribs in the Insect exhibit), and one about the origin of humans, which was really cool. It also informed me of the coolest Fun Fact of the Day ever: apparently, humans are 85% genetically similar to mice and 75% genetically similar to chickens. Now I have a VERIFIABLE excuse for ever calling anybody a chicken.
There were also the regular exhibits - the one on dinosaurs/ prehistoric shindigs, this one on mammals, and the gemstone one (yes, the Hope Diamond is still there).
There was also this really cool exhibit on underwater stuff, and there was this crocheted coral reef. It was perhaps the coolest thing ever - it even had crocheted jellyfish.
No comments:
Post a Comment