Sunday, January 30, 2011

Argh

Well, due to the fact that the show was essentially snowed out, Guys and Dolls did NOT go up this past weekend. Instead, it will be going up THIS weekend.
I originally was going to work at a Girl Scout event for Silver Trefoil hours on Saturday, but that's not happening. Instead of monitoring second-graders, I will be 'beating up' Cubans, picking pockets, waiting tables, singing, dancing, helping with testimony, and returning wallets. Also, I'll be getting chased up and down Broadway by a horde of rampant people (police officer, fellow money-mangler, and two victims). But I'm exceedingly excited nonetheless.
Although the director has yet to inform us how we're going to make up the rehearsal we missed, I'm glad that the show is going up and that Winter Formal has been moved so that loud rap music won't be conflicting with "Adelaide's Lament" on Friday night.
There is a lot of trouble with moving the show, however - the students of the pit who are in District Band are not allowed to miss their two-hour rehearsal on Thursday or their performance on Saturday, or they will not be allowed to audition again for another two years.
Which really sucks.
But, on the bright side (at least for me), I am bowing alongside fewer than three people! This means that I FINALLY count as non-ensemble!! HOORAY! Okay, I'm still bowing with one other person, but still. We're the sort of "these are the two random people who are too important for ensemble but not important enough to have their own bow so they're bowing together" type bow. YAY!

No comments: