Monday, February 7, 2011

stuff and stuff

It feels so WEIRD. I'm actually home before sunset, and I don't have to leave again for another hour. Also, I was able to not do my homework during my free blocks and not have to stress about not finishing it during school, for a change. It sort of feels wrong to be here, at home, blogging, rather than at school in character shoes, singing, dancing, and moving props around.
The shows went really well, I thought, except for some people missing their cues (aka me) and some songs getting messed up, but other than that it was fine.
Apparently, SOME of the audience could not hear some characters so well, but they could hear me fine.
This is rather odd, in my head, because one of the characters in question had a face mic and relatively good projection and the other was at the front of the stage near the floor mics a lot of the time, and I had no mic, was standing at the back of the stage, and was specifically told in rehearsal that I needed to project more (which was reasonable, considering that I was at the back of the stage and could not hear myself, nor was I near any floor mics, ever).
That was odd news, and it thus caused a slight falling out between me and the friend that told me about it - I thought the people in question had fine volume from a backstage area and half a hallway away, and so we had a brief (and, I thought, relatively civil) arguement/ discussion about the differing opinions, causing me to be asked what my problem was, getting all annoyed whenever someone offered an opinion that differed from my own.
And now, in short, the friend isn't speaking to me (we have three classes together and normally eat lunch in the same group), which kind of sucks.
So yeah.

No comments: