Sunday, March 20, 2011

COOOOKKKKKIIIIIIIIEEEEESSSSSSS

I just finished my Journalism article on Girl Scout Cookies. And I'm now very hungry for Girl Scout Cookies, despite the huge bowl of fruit that's sitting right next to me. Apparently, Little Brownie Bakers (which is one of two licensed Girl Scout bakeries in the US) has had nearly thirty varieties of cookie since it began baking for Girl Scouts in 1974. One variety, I kid you not, was called "Trail Mix." Who would eat cookies called "Trail Mix?" Apparently, nobody did, because it didn't come back for a second selling season. I don't blame the people of the early 90's for not bringing the Trail Mix Cookies back.

Anyway, moving on, I have NOT worked on my novel since Friday, and I'm NOT happy about it. I'm already WAY behind as is (though arguably not as WAY behind as I was... though that might have changed, now that I have an additional twelve pages of Missed Daily Writing to make up).

I also took my second degree black belt test yesterday, which made me kind of sore in many areas of the body. I was the only girl and I was obviously the oldest. I was also the only one testing for their second degree. Make of that what you will.
Also, the kid testing for his kup (between first degree and second degree) blatantly tried to correct me for one of the one-step sparrings, when I was testing for a higher level than him and he'd learned a different Throw Sparring Number Two than I had.
I don't blame the two red belts for not wanting to test at the main dojang, but at the same time, I'm still bit mad that they didn't have it as hard as I did. We didn't even do SPARRING yesterday. You haven't experienced truly hard-core sparring unless you've fought with the kids from one of the dojangs where they teach their students to kick people onto their butts and then attack immediately after the victim gets back up. Which hurts a lot. I nearly got knocked over a second time. But that doesn't really matter, I guess.

Anyway, I have to go and research stuff about World War Two tomorrow, so I can not fail at the debate thingie we're having and hopefully get a decent grade this quarter.

No comments: