Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Disney or Bust

I don't know if I've said this before, but the music trip starts this afternoon - we leave for a 16 hour bus ride to Orlando, Florida an hour after school ends. The bus ride is going to be absolutely HORRIBLE - a bunch of juniors (and some seniors) on a bus.
All night.
Hi, Sleep: I won't be seeing you tonight because you'll be deserting the entire music department. Have fun.
I'll survive, I guess.
It probably won't help that my Bus Backpack has more clothing for tomorrow than it does stuff to do for the ride. Hopefully I won't die of boredom. My guess is that tonight will follow the classic Situation of General Annoyance: if you pack lightly on the stuff to do, you get bored within an hour, but if you bring a TON of stuff to do, you focus on one thing and ignore the rest of the stuff you brought for the rest of the trip. I think it'll be okay, though.
My biggest fear is that I'll forget to take my chorus folder from my backpack and put it into my suitcase, therefore forgetting my music and what I'm supposed to sing and costing the choir points for professionalism (we're doing bits of Vivaldi's 'Gloria,' which is traditionally sung with music whether or not you actually have it memorized. This means that yes, I DO have to have my music, and yes, I DO have to have my folder over pain of death).
Between tomorrow and Sunday, we'll be spending LOTS of time in Disney World - as we'll be staying in the area, and the awards ceremony is at Hollywood Studios, it makes sense. We aren't going to go to Harry Potter world/ Universal Studios, however. I don't think I will mind it too much, but I know some people who are going to go on about it to no end. I just hope they don't go on about it too much. That would suck. A lot.

No comments: