Today is the Day of Silence. Yes, I am doing it. So far, I've done rather well. I had to break the silence during chorus, because it would be utterly counterproductive if I didn't, but otherwise I have done reasonably well. Originally I had a sign taped to my stomach that announced that I was doing Day of Silence, but it kept getting in the way when I was doing notes and stuff, so I took it off and now it's in my pocket, from whence I shall take it if anyone asks why I'm being excessively dramatic, writing a lot of stuff, and not uttering a sound. So yeah. I've tried to do it every year since seventh or eighth grade. I don't think I did it last year - I don't remember why. I just know it didn't happen. But I'm going to break the silence a bit early - school doesn't technically end until four, but I'm breaking the silence at 3:15 because I'm a quitter like that (and also because the day ends, psychologically, especially on a Friday and ESPECIALLY the Friday before spring break, at H block/ TA). So that is what I'm doing, and that is how I shall do it, and it shall be done. And I'm purposely being weird. And I'm kind of embarrassing myself now, so I'll just be quiet now, shall I?
In other news, rehearsals are going well enough, except for the part where the guy who plays the guy I like STILL HASN'T SHOWN UP TO A SINGLE REHEARSAL. GAH!!! From what I've heard about him from friends who share classes with him, he skips drama and French all the time. And now he's skipping rehearsal too. Which kind of sucks. I mean, he can at least AFFORD (sort of) to skip. I can't. I really can't use the excuse "oh, I did not know we had rehearsal today/ did not have the most updated rehearsal schedule/ did not memorize my scenes for today." I just... I can't. I'm not allowed to. Also, nothing would get DONE if I don't show up.
Though, for the record, the love interest DID break my record of Scenes Memorized. I had 100% memorization of Scenes Done In Rehearsal until his first rehearsal, and, as he wasn't there, we didn't go over our bit of scene four, and now that a lot of other people are skipping, too, I've now gotten into a memorization haze because I haven't memorized a lot, and it kind of sucks. Being the main character, lots depends on me knowing all my scenes. So, really, it's all HIS fault if I mess up scene four. Except not really. Whatever.
We have to have everything memorized by the end of spring break. This is not going to end well.
Except it will, because I will be spending a long time in transit to colleges/ New York. So.... yeah.
Okay, I'm leaving now.
Farewell!
No comments:
Post a Comment