Thursday, June 16, 2011

Prom Recap (and other stuff)

Well, prom was actually (surprisingly) fun. I actually liked about half of the songs, which was better than I thought it would be (I thought it would be like Fall Formal, where I knew about five songs). The DJ played the Cha Cha Slide, which kind of made the night (also, "Firework" by Katy Perry kind of made the night also... I kind of love that song).
The last song was "Bohemian Rhapsody," which was kind of the most epic finale ever.
Mostly because of the fact that it was "Bohemian Rhapsody," and everyone who was in Concert Choir last year was singing along in attempted harmony for the bit we knew (Concert Choir did a Queen medley for the spring concert last year, and part of it was a part of "Bohemian Rhapsody"). It was kind of epic.
There was very little slow dancing, and kind of a lot of people just jumping around and going kind of insane.
Some of my friends were there, and we did one of those Spaz in a Circle things... I've no idea what they are called. But that's essentially what it was: spazzing in a circle. It was kind of hilarious.
We tried to get the chorus teacher, who was chaperoning, to dance too (because teachers actually do that at my school), but that was kind of a fail. It happened, but he refused to dance a lot, even though our circle was most assuredly NOT one of the ones where people were grinding with other people's dates and stuff (we were the circle that jumped around like idiots who think they can dance, since that's what we were!).
I had a sash on my dress, and that was where I kept my camera tied a lot of the time. Except when I realized that it was probably going to become a missile at some point if it stayed there, so I left it in my bag the rest of the night. In all, prom was actually kind of fun. Bonus points for being at the Kennedy Center! YAY!
Of course, now I seem to be physically incapable of going to sleep before midnight, which kind of stinks, and I'm getting bad at waking up when my alarm goes off.
For example, I woke up at around 7:45 this morning.
That's normally when I have to leave breakfast.
Needless to say, I was late to school (later than I normally am).
Yesterday was about the same, though English had been canceled because of prom (though I didn't remember this until I got to school).

Now I just have to get some old physics stuff in and yell at people to sign my yearbook, and then the year is essentially done for me. This is very saddening. WAH!
For the record, don't expect me to blog a lot during the month of July - I'll be doing Shakespeare and going to Switzerland and Italy, where I don't think I will be in the range of any computer with which to blog. Just warning you. Also, ASP is a week from Saturday, so that's another week where I will be nowhere near a computer (I WILL be near some power tools, however... YAY!). SOooo yeah.
Farewell for now. I shall return... at some point. SO long!

No comments: