Well, if you walked into my room right now (I don't reccomend it), you would find that the closet is barfing clothing, a suitcase is dangerously close to falling off my bed and adding to the clothing chaos on the floor, and an assortment of travel necessities mixed in with books, pens, and whatever other crap was already in my room. YAY FOR PACKING!
I rarely pack for a trip this far ahead (it's Monday. We leave on Thursday), but I will be gone for a total of nineteen (yes, 1-9) days, visiting five (at least) cities, two countries, and living out of ONE suitcase the entire time.
Also, as of right now, I have... one second, while I count... 20 people who want letters. One letter for each day! (and one double-up). I think the most money I am going to spend while overseas will be in the form of buying postage stamps. Apparently, it's almost two Francs (around $2.50) to send a postcard overseas.
And then there's the fact that I'm going to have to buy 40 postcards (two for each person - one from Switzerland and one from Italy) at the very least. I'm going to be doing far too much writing - if I don't wind up keeping a journal, everyone who got mail from me will just have to get together and compare the dates on their mail to see what I did that day, and THAT will be how we record this trip (aside from the photography, of course).
With all this packing, the trip we have been planning for almost two years is finally becoming sort of real. Not entirely real yet, but real-er than it was when we started planning it a few years ago. Two days, after all, is a lot shorter than two years. AAHH!!
The only thing that will make it more real is when we actually get there. I am SO pumped, you have no idea. I have no idea how I am going to avoid clearing out all of my finances on souveniers, but I'll have to figure something out. In the mean time, BACK TO PACKING!
No comments:
Post a Comment