Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 19: In Which I Write About Fighting

Start Page: 109

Current Page: 112

Target Page: 115

Pages Written Today: 5 (started at the top of 109)

Pages Left Today: 3

Location In Story: FIGHTING! Romeo has officially met Sebastian and Hero; Hero and Demetrius have made out (this annoys Romeo, but she ignores in face of the fact that they're getting ATTACKED); Romeo takes the lead in organizing a retaliation to the attack; Romeo officially kicked some serious ass (sorry, mom) in the ensuing fight, taking out six guards with well-placed shots to the knee and other critical areas, and took out four more with a knife/ kick/ punch/ awesome combo. The night guard wasn't around when Romeo, Puck, Demetrius, and Morgan were sneaking in, which made Romeo suspicious; it turned out that the night guards (the ones who watch the castle at night and raise the alarm if someone of an evil-looking nature passes by/ enters the castle) weren't actually being deployed anywhere, because Iago's an idiot and doesn't NEED night guards, because he's cool like that (but mostly because he's an idiot). Anyway, Iago found out that Romeo and Company were in the building/ castle/ Elsinore (yes, I DID plan that... actually, no I didn't. But it WAS an intentional Shakespeare reference once I learned that a castle had a name in a Shakespearean show), and he sent the no-longer-night not-exactly-guards after Romeo, Puck, Demetrius, and Morgan, with the intent to inflict misery.

Surprise of the Last 24 Hours: Hero has a cat that she had named Purrabella; the cat's really Hecate (obligatory Macbeth/ Mythology reference), Greek goddess of magic, trapped inside the body of a cat, and communicates with Iago via hand/ paw signals. Also, Romeo has done tae kwon do and knows how to fight without weapons.


Anyway, Iago now has a lot of reasons not to like Morgan/ Belarius (whose true identity is about to be revealed to Puck and Demetrius): he escaped from Iago's clutches, he helped the Prophecied, he trapped Hecate inside the body of a stray cat...

Actually, he should probably be THANKING Belarius that Hecate is now Purrabella and that the cat wound up in the possession of Hero, but whatever. I guess Iago thinks Hecate would be more useful to him in the form of a goddess rather than in the form of a cat (though he seems to forget that, were she not in cat or reduced goddess form, she would kill him with her goddess awesomeness, because gods and goddesses in their true form are too awesome to be viewed by mere mortals, according to Greek mythology).

At any rate, Iago has good reason to be mad. I'm pretty sure he has several other reasons to be mad at Belarius, but I can't remember them at the moment. But these reasons will cause Iago to have the guards capture Belarius, reveal his true identity to the Prophecied (Romeo, Demetrius, and Puck), and keep him in the dungeon until further notice. Further Notice will be just longer than the time it takes for Romeo, Demetrius, and Puck to land in there (actually, just Demetrius and Puck. Romeo never goes to the dungeon unless it's to rescue the guys).

In all, I'm extremely glad that I am back on track - the novel is now EXCITING, and I'm kind of itching to get back to it, even when I'm procrastinating, like now. It makes me wonder WHY I procrastinate in the first place. Whatever. I'll figure that out later.

Farewell!

No comments: