Well, I have one item of good news and I have several items of bad news.
The solitary item of good news is this:
1. I have commenced the even more rapid descent towards the climax! Huzzah!
The several items of bad news are as follows:
1. I'm steadily running out of paper (I'm on page 190 of 200).
2. I have no cash to buy another notebook (they're a dollar from the school library. I don't have a dollar. Lame, I know).
4. I have to keep my grades up, which means that calculus and government take precedent over writing about Shakespeare and world-saving. Which kind of sucks. Shakespeare and world-saving are far more interesting.
5. For some reason, I skipped number three. I don't know how that's relevant, but I figured I'd point it out anyway. So it's noted. Moving on.
Anyhow, that is my news for today.
Surprise Of The Day: Romeo and Demetrius FINALLY kissed (well, actually, that happened yesterday, but the point still stands). Okay, it WAS a brief kiss that Romeo did to get him to get moving, but it still happened. HUZZAH! Of course, this DOES make Romeo like Demetrius a lot more (or at least it makes her more aware of him), which is kind of annoying, but also kind of funny (or at least has the potential to be). But it happened, and it was EXCITING! (and also really short and rather anti-climactic).
Actual Surprises: I didn't expect her to save Demetrius so soon, or that Jourdain would be mortally wounded (he gets better!), or that Emilia was a mage capable of turning herself into a big purple dragon, and who was indirectly involved with the death of Demetrius's parents. Also, I didn't know that Demetrius's parents were closely involved with the king and queen. I KNOW that Othello of Venice is a general, but I didn't think that he was the general of Mercanova as well. Well, turns out he is.
Also, Emilia = Emilia from "Othello" (there are several Emilias in Shakespeare, I've discovered). In this tale, she was formerly married to Iago, but she figured out what he was doing, pointed it out to the right people, and left before Iago could kill her. Now she's back, with the intent of doing Iago some serious harm. I need to figure out the technicality of how she got out of the marriage after she left, but I'll figure that out later.
Sadly, I can't really pursue a lot of that right now. I have an essay to write. And a test to study for. And a book to read (which is actually really good!).
Yeah. Writing (and not being allowed to) is really difficult sometimes.
Oh, well. I have several free blocks tomorrow. I can pursue that then.
Unless I don't finish the essay, which I'm hoping will NOT happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment