Thursday, January 5, 2012

Bored and musicals!

So right now, I'm bored. Go figure! It happens a lot when I have free time. And when I've finished all the homework I can do right now. Like reading "The Picture of Dorian Gray."

For the record, the ending of "Dorian Gray" (which is really good book in general, by the way) is the hugest mind-fudge ever. If any of you have read the book, you would know what I mean. If any of you haven't read the book, I suggest you do so, especially if you like books that involve the slow descent into insanity and darkness and people who you think are someone are actually embodied in other things and stuff. And huge mind-fudges where it turns out what you thought was someone was someone else and stuff (think Mad Eye Moody and the polyjuice potion from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire). Wait... that was basically the same thing I said earlier. Never mind. But it was still an epically huge mind-fudge.

But, in all, it was a really good book. Also, the painter dude was completely in love with Dorian (ye who have read the book shall not deny the obvious truth to this statement. You know it's true).

Anyway, in other news, MUSICAL REHEARSAL IS PICKING UP!!! This is good because it means that the show will be going up soon. It's bad because it means that I have rehearsal until 7:00 (3 hours a day) all this week and next, with two-hour rehearsals on Saturdays; in two weeks, it'll progress to 8:00 rehearsal every day (4 hours a day); then it'll be 9:00 (5 hours a day) and then it'll be show night. AAAHHHH!!!!!!

I think it's going to be a good show, but we NEED to work on one of the songs. I haven't gotten my music for it, and I have a solo in it. I'm not important enough to have a script, so I need a photocopy of the music, which I haven't gotten. I don't know about you, but I can't really sing something well if I don't know the words. Or the notes. Or the harmony. What's worse is that there are no rehearsal days assigned for the song, so I can't learn it at a rehearsal with the other people in the group. Grrrr.

But some of the songs are going really well. Yesterday, we spent three hours re-working the choreography for one of the all-girl songs, and it turned out really well. I think that'll probably be one of the best songs in the show if it keeps going the way we're going. It just bugs me that I don't have music for the other song. A lot.

Um... there isn't much else to report, except for the fact that I have to do homework later and go to chorus at some point to pass the class and demand my music.

Also, I may have to miss musical rehearsal for the first time ever in a few weeks. I have a scholarship interview at a school that I want to go to. On the other hand, it's a private school, and is therefore expensive, so financial aid in any form it presents itself is very welcome.

So... that is my story/ rant for today. Huzzah!

Farewell. I must depart to go to class and demand music and such.

No comments: