Well, tonight, about a third of the school is going on a bus to depart for Nashville, where we will make music, sleep on a bus, and (probably) hear more country music than any of us wants to hear ever again.
I'm kind of excited, to be honest. I mean, there was this annoying thing about the rooming this year (I signed up with one friend, but since nobody else signed up in our room, we got split up. I don't mind; my new roommates are reasonably cool, as are my friend's roommates, so it could be a lot worse). I know some of my friends aren't very excited, but I am. See, epic stuff seems to happen on the music trips, simply because it is the music trip.
A recap:
Year One (Atlanta): I found out I passed my black belt test. And the Aquarium was REALLY cool. And we went to the Coca-Cola factory, where I had to give up my Lenten Sacrifice (no soda) in order to participate in the international tasting room. It was worth it.
Year Two (Philadelphia): We went on a Ghost Tour of Philadelphia, which was REALLY cool. I also ate too much of food that had expired and threw up for the first time in a few years. But I got a really good book called Stupid History.
Year Three (Disney World): It was Disney. Need I say more? Also, we sang Vivaldi's "Gloria" (sans the solo bits), which is epic just on its own (if you have never heard it, look it up, even though it's like half an hour long).
I predict that the most epic thing that can happen is that we meet Dolly Parton at Dollywood (she's scheduled to be there the day we are). However, since I'm not a huge country music fan (I'm middling; I don't hate it all, but it's not all I listen to), I may not be able to appreciate it as much as some other people I know. But who knows? Something epic and totally unrelated to Dolly Parton could happen. (I don't know what that might be, since it hasn't happened yet, but whatever).
It's going to be AWESOME. And if it's not, I'm going to be very disappointed, because it's my last year on the music trip. I DEMAND AWESOME!
As a side note, on the topic of Awesome:
I had to do a group poem project thing with a few friends on Monday. Our poem was one by Tolkien: "All that glitters is not gold." When I was doing a bit of research for a biographical perspective, I found out that Tolkien was inspired to write the Misty Mountains when he went trekking, starting in... wait for it... INTERLAKEN, SWITZERLAND.
That was about an hour away from where we were staying in Adelboden. We visited one day.
So, my wondering why Lord of the Rings was not filmed in Switzerland?
Totally justified.
Just saying.
No comments:
Post a Comment