Free blocks. How I adore these amazing extra sets of 45 minutes in which I can do whatever I choose to. Glad someone invented these things.
You know what else I adore? Studying for AP exams.
Not.
The weird thing is, last week and the week before, all the AP I wanted to study was for my Gov exam. Hey, it was interesting stuff - I have no idea how to study for a literature exam, and I sure did not want to study for calculus (I did some study anyway), so I studied for government. But I also found Government to be strangely interesting. I knew that Government was my last exam and that I would have loads of time between Lit on Thursday and Gov on Tuesday, and that I should probably be studying for calculus or something, but still, it was interesting. I liked learning it.
Well, now I am on the eve of the exam, and I have no idea what I should go review first. Suddenly, all of that studying I did last week and the week before seems to be completely irrelevant. I know what I have to study - I need to go over the way Congress and the Courts and the Executive office work, since we did all of that at the beginning of the year and it seems to have slipped out of my brain since then - but suddenly, it all seems to have vanished from the AP study book in the library. WHERE DID ALL THE ESSENTIAL INFORMATION GO?
Calculus was different. I could be totally indiscriminate in my studying and still have a chance to bump up my score. I already knew I would do badly on it if I did not study.
But this is worse. I know I need to study, and I know what I have to go over, but I cannot find it. The teacher has not told us what to go over - he does not know what is in each of our heads and what we specifically need to study.
Not like the students. We did not really do domestic policy, have barely studied economic policy, and have not touched foreign policy. I know if I do not go over those, I am most assuredly going to be screwed tomorrow morning.
But it is the night before the exam. How am I going to go and get through this all and remember it at 8:00 tomorrow morning?
By not sleeping tonight and stopping this procrastination during this completely unprecedented free block from English that I did not think was coming (I guess that is why it is unprecedented). I WILL be going for a run this afternoon, but I will not be knitting at all today. I forgot to bring it with me this morning, and I will be studying basically all afternoon, so... yeah. No prom dress for me tonight. Tomorrow, though. And then Thursday or Friday, I will start my knitting for my Senior Project. WOOHOO!
And... yeah. Procrastination needs to stop... now.
Like, really.
Well, I am off. I am going on a quest for that missing information that I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment