Thursday, May 17, 2012

senioritis

Greetings, many (not really) followers!

I have decided how I'm going to track my progress for my senior project (aside from weekly check-ins with my mentor/ uploading photos on Facebook), and it involves YOU.

I'm going to post on here every day for the next three weeks (starting on Monday, or maybe Saturday; it depends when I start Legolas). It'll be like I'd post for NaNo, where I write where I am and where I'm targeting and stuff. And I may even post photos. I don't know what I'll be doing as of yet. I'll be posting for sure.

And for the first week of June, there will be two posts every day *gasp*. That's the way things work when you're doing Novel Posts and Senior Project Posts in the same week.


Right now, I have a free block, and I have nothing to do. Well, that's not really true. I should be writing. Or knitting my prom dress. Or doing something productive like that. I could be doing that. And I should. And I will later. Hopefully.


Senioritis has hit me, I am afraid.


I guess that's what happens when you have NOTHING TO DO ALL THE TIME. I think my junioritis was worse than my senioritis is, though, because I still had to go to class for the last month of school, but nothing actually happened. So I didn't really do anything. I didn't really want to do anything. And, because of the number of my free blocks, nothing ever got done. I had to go to school, because my attendance was still being recorded and it would affect my grades for the worse if I didn't show up to class, but nothing ever happened once I got there, because all the finals and SOLs had been taken and there was no reason to actually study anything. It was rather boring, to be quite honest.

Some classes still are boring. Actually, some classes have deteriorated to beyond boring. For example, I found the subject matter of AP Government was rather interesting during the course of the year. However, now that the AP exam has come and gone and we have nothing to do, we're watching "Legally Blonde". To be honest, that movie is okay as a chick flick, but I've gotten to the point where I think Elle is annoying. REALLY annoying. And annoying for her stereotype as much as her attitude and stuff.

This is why the end of the year really sucks. I'm going to miss everyone when we leave for college and stuff, but right now it's just kind of... blah.

But it doesn't stop Elle Woods from being the most annoying character in my life right now. I've learned that I can't write that sort of character as well. I was going to have a nymph kind of like Elle in my NaNo novel (the one I wrote in 2010 that I'm working on now). But I've gotten to her, and she's not like Elle at ALL. Her sister is, maybe, but Calypso isn't. Calypso's now the most temperamental character I have in the book, and that's including the human bomb that blows up when it's too hot out or his temper gets out of control.

Well, time to work on what sort of adventures I'm going to have this summer. I don't know. Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

No comments: