Tuesday, June 26, 2012

college and schtuff

Well, I registered for my classes today.  College classes.  All I can say is... wow.
Wow for two reasons: first off, how did I get this old?  Second off, how is it that I have so much free time this semester?  Is this normal?  I do not have any classes that go past 2:00 PM (which is good, because, this semester, that is going to be when I have lunch, since class goes until 1:40 every day but Wednesday), and I do not have to be off to class (as in, my intent is to go to class when I leave my dorm) until 9:00 for a 9:10 class (and that is on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays).
So, what is my course load, you might ask?  Since my school is awesome, we only take four courses in the fall semester.  And what are those?
I am taking Greek 111, a dialect/ dialogue/ drama thing as a First Year Experience (FYE) thing that counts for drama and philosophy, History 100: Ancient Egypt, and English 185 (which is mandatory for freshmen, and which is advisable to take in the fall semester because you do not know how your FYE is going to work out second semester).  English is a seminar writing thing.
It is crazy.  I feel really old.
The other crazy thing is how small the campus is.  I will not have to wake up earlier than maybe 8:00 to get to breakfast/ Greek (on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have to wake up at 10:30 to get to English at 11:30), because it will take me a half an hour to wake up and change, half an hour to eat, and then ten minutes to get to class.
The class I am most scared for is Greek or FYE.  Greek is Greek, which is hard, but it is also really cool.  So if you ever go to Greece (starting two years from now), and you need a translator, let me know.

No comments: