Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Back!

Okay, I know we got back on Saturday, I was just too lazy to post about it. Also, I've gotten into the unfortuante habit of only posting when something of consequence happens. Trouble is, I don't think ANYTHING of consequence happens in my life. Or, rather, I don't think that my life is anything important enough to blog about anymore. At the same time, I don't want to shut down the blog. So maybe I should pick a theme of the blog and be done with it. But that would take effort....
Anyway, onto the other consequential things included in this post.

First: Back from ASP. SCORE! We did ceiling repair. We did not, however, use any sort of power saws (though we did use manual saws). It made me slightly dissapointed - the last reign of the Saw Queen didn't really happen. I sort of want to be on staff next year, though, because I don't want to leave ASP, and I can get paid! Also, staffing just looks fun.
Second: wrote the Creation Myth of Illindara (the land where Shya's tale is set). This is something I should have done YEARS ago, but whatever. It's done now, and I'm glad it has. It helps with world-building (because it is...), and I'll write Shya's tale better now that her world's creation myths are in order.
Third: "Name of the Wind." My copy is 722 pages long. The kids at camp can't believe it. But you should read it. I'm only around 270 pages in, but it's really good.

Now, go forth and conquer!

No comments: