Tuesday, February 24, 2009

i am back again

I have exactly fifteen minutes. I said I would clean my room fifteen minutes after I finished my homework, and now I am done with my homework so I have to clean my room in fifteen minutes. So I am going to type as fast as possible. Please excuse any spelling errors, the keyboard on the laptop is really lousy. I am going to go and spellcheck later. So anyway, I want to knit a lot of stuff but I do not know what to knit. So I was thinking that since I only have to go to nine rehearsals for the All Grades Play (Robin Hood), and the fact that I am a townsperson so I do not have to have my costume on super strict guidelines, I was thinking I could knit my costume. It would be freaking awesome, would it not? I could use my scraps ball for the majority of it, since basketball-sized balls of yarn can go rather far, and then I would use variegated yarn for gloves, even though I have absolutely no idea what season this is supposed to be in, and my fingerless gloves really suck, and I am supposed to be a peasant anyway, so I am going to knit gloves. It will be really effective because, once again, I am a peasant. My entire life is due to trying to pay off my debts and I have not got a lot of decent stuff to wear. So I am going to use really lousy-looking yarns to try and look the part. Even though I probably can not. Look the part, I mean. Yeah. Anyway, seven of my precious fifteen minutes have already passed. Oh joy. Anyway, now comes the time when I ask myself what I want to do with my life. Just kidding. Now comes the time when I randomly rant about absolutely nothing. Here meaning, in this case, my hopelessness at designing knitting patterns. So I am really lousy at designing knitting things. For example, I once knitted a fingerless glove. It was black. It was the worst thing ever. Seriously. There were holes between the fingers (even the thumb) and you could tell where the edge of the round was on the fingers (for things like gloves, knitters use double-pointed needles, which lets you work in a seamless circle). And I accidentally did a cable on one of the fingers. So, in short, it was one of the worst things I have ever made. On the other hand, I know a lot of stuff now about how to make fingerless gloves. For example, that is one thing I should probably never try to do again. Even though I should. For Robin Hood. Hey, a rhyme! So anyway, thirteen of my precious fifteen minutes have already gone by. *sigh*. You know what? I am just going to go for twenty minutes. Then I can start cleaning right on the hour. That would be really helpful. Number one, because I can type some more. Number two, because then I an say that I have been working for a certain number of minutes on my room because I will have started right at six. Which is nice. I think. Anyway, back to the land of me ranting about my lame knitting skills..... I can knit, but I am not really good at it. I know that everyone says, "oh, you are such a good knitter," but really, they are probably only saying that because I know how and they do not. For example, I can only knit scarves and hats and occasionally bags. But only if they are small bags. Like purses almost. And bookmarks. And gloves. Sometimes. I can do sweaters, but I have only ever finished the back half of one. Not very good, am I? Well, I can do a bunch of different stitches, but all those I learned from a book. And really, to do all of those stitches you really only need to know how to knit and purl and cast on and bind off. And, when you are learning a new stitch, you have to know what the symbols mean in the stitch pattern. Okay, my mom just came in and she said that I could do my reading/research for my English project before I cleaned my room. So I get to stay down here a couple more minutes, since she brought down my book (which is fiction) which I have to read for English (and incorporate into my project, unless I want to pile more work on myself and do one of the book report options, which I do not want to do). She is willing to count the book as research, as it is going to be part of my presentation. Sort of. My topic is about marriage. And India. And America. It is hard to explain. But it works. In my head. Sort of. Anyway, I have sort of almost reached the point where me ACTUALLY ranting about something is ACTUALLY somewhat close to the notes I did last night. Which is pretty freaking awesome. But to be honest, I doubt whether anyone is going to read this anyway, so nobody would really care. So that entire thing took me around twenty five minutes total. Wow. I was down here for ages when I was taking the notes. That is probably because I was reading and then writing and then reading and then writing and so on. Well, I have very much exceeded my fifteen minutes or twenty minutes or whatever it is supposed to be, so I should probably go do something productive. Like read the book I am supposed to read for English. Or something. Anyway, the point is, I CAN do stuff like rant for extended periods of time and exceed the length I used on this space for note taking. That is always fun. Except when it is not. Obviously. I mean, right? Whatever. Anyway, I am going to start reading when this clock says six twenty which is in four minutes. So.......yeah. I do not care what other people say, I know I can knit, but compared with a lot of people I am mediocre. I can not even finish a sweater and there are people who could probably knit about five sweaters in the time it took me to make the back half. So there. Plus, all those people who did those five sweaters also have the patience for ponchos and the skill to design their own sweaters from the basic pattern. Because to be quite honest, sweater patterns are basically, "do this many rows with ribbing/garter stitch. Change to larger needles. Work for this many inches. Bind of four stitches on each side. Work several more inches. Bind off everything." Seriously. That is basically it. Well, my time is up. I will see you later, or blog later, or whatever.

No comments: