Chapter 2-Cacyta
I strode back out of the forest, annoyed at what the idiotic girl had said. I wasn't as incompetent as she seemed to think I was. Neither was Ungora. Even though he was my dad, I still called him Ungora. It's his fault-he didn't want to be called 'dad'. He's not horrid, either. I knew that she was being an idiot, but I couldn't help wondering...what was the other side of the story? I knew from epic amounts of lecturing that most non-humans should be kicked out of the cities by the time they were seven, and I had always accepted that. But now, I was getting curious about what the other half of the story was.
"You took your time," Ungora said when I got back, meeting me in the entrance hall.
"I met one," I said curtly.
"And?"
"And she pissed me off."
"Why didn't you do her in?"
"She made an arguement. I argued back. The end." I shrugged and turned to go to my room.
"Why didn't you do her in, though?" Ungora insisted, following me up the stairs.
"She didn't piss me off THAT much."
"What did she say, exactly?"
"A load of crap about how you're an idiot and the elves and nymphs and whatever else really didn't want to overthrow us before and how my training is crap because I wore my new boots instead of my old and lousy ones."
"Well, those boots are rather nice, dear."
"Can I ask you something?" I turned and asked the question halfway down the hall. I guessed that now was as good a time as ever.
"Sure, anything."
"Are you feeling all right in the head?"
"Why would you want to know something like that?"
"But ae you?"
"Yes. Why?"
"The person in the forest just said some stuff about that sort of thing."
"Don't belive anything she says, or anything that any of the other ones say."
"Whatever."
"Go out tomorrow. Same time. See if you can get her again. If you do, don't let her see you and then take her in and we'll question her."
"Okay." I had decided-I would leave the castle, and let them see me go into the forest, but I wasn't going to go back to the path. I wasn't going to go after them and encounter them unless it was accidental.
Chapter 3-Indigo
I strode home in a very annoyed state. So THAT was the princess. Snooty jerkface. Her decorum teacher defenitely needed to go back to school. Cacyta probably had no way of self-expression, either. Then I remembered what someone had told me-art had been banned. So she most defenitely did NOT have a means of expressing herself. Despite my anger, I felt kind of sorry for her. It must have been kind of hard, not being allowed to do anything with her hands except swordplay.
But who had told me about the art, though?
Oh yeah-Avanna.
Avanna was my friend. She was a scholar elf and healer elf-very smart, and could heal anything. She had been forced out of Jannask, the capital, her home, because of what she was, and because of incompetence in high places (meaning Ungora).
No comments:
Post a Comment