Monday, June 1, 2009

SEUSSICAL THE MUSICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Seussical the Musical. I was in it. I was Gertrude. And it was CRAZY FUN. Even though I was only Gertrude for the second act (she was one of the major characters, and it was a non-audition summer camp so everyone got in), it was awesome because I got all the awesome solos, like "notice me Horton" and "all for you" and the duet at the end for "alone in the universe." And now I'm listening to Seussical songs-it was on Broadway. The only annoying thing was that we did the Junior Version of Seussical the Musical, so half of "all for you" and half of some other songs were deleted. But whatever. LYRICS TIME!!!!!!!! (notice me Horton, then all for you then the finale- blue is Gertrude, red is Gertrude and Horton, purple is Horton, and green is my backup singers/everyone else, orange is Gertrude/Horton and everyone/backup)
It's taken all my courage to approach you not to mention all my stamina to follow you across the hills and deserts, but I feel as if I'm ready to confess to you the feelings that I've hidden with great diligence and labor behind the facade of your odd little next-door neighbor. My eyes are too small, I have very large feet, and I'm not very proud of my pitiful tweet, but I've now got a tail that is something to see... One hundred and two. One hundred and three. Oh, notice me, Horton, feather by feather, this is your next-door neighbor calling! Notice me, Horton, Horton, together, we could be great, oh, notice me, Horton, put down the clover! This is your next door neighbor calling-there's a new leaf your neighbor's turned over, over and over, clover by clover...I was just a no one only yesterday, you showed up and showed me something more. Now I've become a someone who has someone to believe in and to be there for... I will not give up hope; I was hooked from the start, when I noticed your kind and your powerful heart. So notice me, Horton...oh, the world would be something new. Notice me, Horton...if they noticed a thing or two... notice me, Horton the way I notice you.
I had a little trouble cuz I grew a little tail... well, it wasn't really little, it was absolutely giant and it really was attractive, but you never even noticed, so I felt a little silly even trying besides which, the tail was too heavy for normal flying. Go on. Well, when the hunters caught you I could see that I'd been foolish cuz I couldn't even help you no, I couldn't even fly. And I got so very frightened cuz I knew I had to save you. No one else was gonna go to all the labor. It was all up to me, all you had was your next door neighbor. So I ran to the doctor- the doctor named Dake, and she said-My tail has been a mistake! And she said: Dr. Dake, I've been foolish and vain. Pluck it out! Get it off! I won't do it again! Pluck! Pluck! Pluck! Ouch, it hurt a lot! Pluck! Pluck! Pluck! Ooh, a tender spot Pluck! Pluck! Pluck! Just a one feather tail... But suddenly, Gertrude could sail! I sailed on a junk And was practically sunk for you. I trampled thorough the trees full of furious bees for you. I slogged through a fog, and a choking smog, down a soggy slope, through a stinking bog, while my slip was gripped by a vicious dog, for you. I galloped through the snow- in eleven below- for you. Yes, even though I knew I was catching the flu for you and then came the hole where I caught my sole and I rolled downhill out of all control till I broke my fall on a jagged shoal for you, all for you! All for you! All for you! All for you! There's nothing that I wouldn't and I couldn't and I haven't gone through I sprained my little toe, but I hobbled like so for you. Then came the hit and run, but I staggered on one for you. Now, here I am, the worse for wear and here you are... I'm here, you're there, and maybe now you'll know I care for you! Oh, yeah. And Horton, one more thing... it took me seven weeks... but I found your clover, too! WHO! Gertrude...I never noticed... you're... Amazing! Aw, it was nothing.
Why, he looks just like me, except for the wings, and except for the voice, cuz that's how a bird sings. Gertrude, what will I do? I am slow, I am fat, all I know is the earth-he'll need much more than that. I have wings, yes I can fly. You teach him earth, and I will teach him sky. Just call my name, and I'll see you through. One small voice in the universe, one true friend in the universe, who believes in you. The adventures were over, the sky became pink. And then guess what happened? Well, what do you think? Oh, the thinks you can think, think and wonder and dream, far and wide as you dare... when your thinks have run dry, in the blink of an eye, there's another world there. If you open your mind, oh, the thinks you will find lining up to get loose oh, the thinks you can think, oh, the thinks you can think oh, the thinks you can think oh, the thinks you can think oh the thinks you can think when you think about Seuss! When you think about Seuss! When you think about Seuss! Seuss!

Well, that's all for now. I guess. I have to go to bed soon. I've had fun on this Seussical reminiscence, but it's time to go. Night!

No comments: