Saturday, August 22, 2009

(500) days of summer

Well, we didn't go to the fair, because of the rain. Instead, we saw "(500) Days of Summer." It was an okay movie, but it was kind of sexed up and it was kind of confusing at times. The name of the girl was Summer, so that's how they got the 500 days or whatever. And at the end, after they broke up and Summer ended up getting married to someone else and Tom was all depressed, so he quit his job at Hallmark and started going to interviews for architecture, which was what he majored in in college. In the last scene, he was waiting for an interview and there was a girl waiting to be interviewed for the same job, and the last two lines seriously were, "Hey, I'm Tom." "I'm Autumn." Right after he'd asked her out. It was insane. It was kind of funny, though. You could kind of tell it was intentional. But whatever. It was a fairly decent movie in the end. But the end was definitely my favorite scene.
Seriously, my favorite part about the evening was seeing my friends (who are twins) who I haven't seen in a while. They're fraternal, and one of them and I want to have an Unseen Movie Marathon. We haven't seen a lot of the same movies, so we were like, "UNSEEN MOVIE MARATHON!! We NEED to figure this out!!" So I think we're going to. That remains to be seen, but I think we both want to. And I was SUPER psyched because she told me she had FINALLY seen "Pirates of the Caribbean" and the first two "Lord of the Rings" movies. I was SO happy. Those are seriously my favorite movies ever. I'm not kidding. I LOVE THEM. Sorry...obsessed... Anyway, "Confessions of a Shopaholic" is definitely on the list. I forget what the other one was, but I'm totally voting that she comes over to my place and we watch "Return of the King: Extended Edition." And the last two Pirates of the Caribbean movies. And some other ones, maybe, that I haven't seen. Or that we both haven't seen. It would be AMAZING. Okay, I have to go now. It's this crazy little thing called sleep that my mom keeps harping on about...

No comments: