Wednesday, September 2, 2009

ah, the joys of the FRIKKIN COLD!!

Well, I picked up a shift from someone at the pool, which means my work total for this week alone, just at the pool, is 25 hours, which is, I think, more than I had in all for the last pay period. Thus, I am getting a LOT of money this pay period. However, there still is the issue of IT'S FREAKING COLD OUT!!! And the issue of I'M GETTING FROZEN SOLID EVERY TIME I GET OUT OF THE POOL AFTER SWIMMING THE LANE ROPES!!! I'm serious, I have not been this cold during work since I had to shadow people way back in May. And I keep forgetting that it's going to be cold, because my shifts always seem to start at two, and it's reasonably warm out at two in the afternoon on a somewhat sunny day. So I'm always cold by the time my mother comes to drop off my dinner. Note to self: PUT SWEATSHIRT IN BACKPACK BEFORE LEAVING!!! On the other hand, on Monday, we were getting paid to do absolutely nothing for a while because there was nobody at the pool. It was crazy. But it was fun. That's the way it's been this week at the pool, because the weather is cooling down and so only the swimaholics and the eight and unders are going swimming. I got to clean the bathrooms almost by myself last night, too. I was the only girl guard on the 2-9 shift, so I got to clean the bathrooms mostly by myself. The snack bar girl helped a bit, though, which helped. And I was STILL done at almost the same time as the guys. I would have beaten them, except they had the squeegee, so I couldn't squeegee until they were done. But I was close!! That's what matters: I was CLOSE!

No comments: