Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I love slow days at the pool

Well, here in The Last Week Before School Starts, I am working almost EVERY day this week (with the exception of Sunday, Friday, Saturday, and possibly Wednesday), and I am NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT! On the other hand, I AM getting paid. And since it IS september, and it IS only about 70 degrees out, yesterday was pretty slow. Which was nice. We went one guard the entire time yesterday, and there was one period where we were running NO guards because there was nobody there except for us. So, basically, we were getting paid to play Bingo and hang out. It was awesome. I hope it keeps up like this, so we can get paid to do nothing worthwhile. Which is nice. AND I got to swim the lane ropes across the pool when we closed the high dive, which I have not done in FOREVER, and which I LOVE doing. I do not know WHY I love swimming the lane ropes (maybe I miss swimming. I don't know.), but I do. It really makes my day. Especially when it's hot out. On the other hand, when I got out, it got cold ten minutes later and I had to ask my mom to bring a sweatshirt with dinner. The manager ate most of my dinner because I was not hungry because of the fact that I had gotten some snacks from the snack bar. I really love slow days. I really do. On the other hand, sometimes it isn't as fun to get paid to hang out and do nothing. Especially when "nothing" really is nothing. But for the most part, it's fun.

No comments: