Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sophomore year. Wow.

Well, I really can't believe that I'm now a Sophomore in high school. I really can't. It seems like just yesterday I was thinking how it would be a million years before my brother was a senior and I was a sophomore, and yet here we are. My brother is a senior and I'm a sophomore. How time flies.
Well, my mom just got a new DVD/ CD burner thingie, which is really nice because the one built into the computer doesn't really work that well. And right now, I have FINALLY gotten the chance to upload the footage from Family Camp, even though it's been a week since Family Camp. And it has been quite a week.
I like my classes, overall. Mind you, by June I'm probably going to be saying that I can't wait until summer because I can't STAND another second of chemistry and algebra and whatever happened to ancient civilizations, because I would be beyond caring. But as I'm currently not beyond caring just yet, I guess I should probably still be caring and wondering what happened to ancient civilizations and stuff in chemistry. Chem is actually kind of interesting. On Friday we did this really cool lab with FIRE!!! And in Ancient Civ we did drawings with in groups and then tacked them up on the wall and tried to guess what everyone else's drawing was. My group did a sort of favorite memories type thing, all rolled into one dude. We gave him a Mickey Mouse hat, because one of my friends went to Disney World, and we gave him a baseball shirt because the other friend liked playing baseball, but nobody guessed what mine was. Nobody suspected the flowers might be significant, signifying the flowers at my cousin's wedding. I caught them. So that's my story.
But I still don't get how algebra is gonna help me in real life. Seriously.

No comments: