Tuesday, October 13, 2009

halloween!

We put up our Halloween decorations yesterday, and I named all of them (gravestones not included). We now have this running joke that the skeleton hanging on the porch is my ex boyfriend. His name is Rufus. And the ghosts are Tim, Sally, and Bono. I don't know why I decided to call him Bono. The skulls are Joe and Maurice, and Johnny and Charlotte are the spiders.
I have no idea why I decided to name all the decorations, in case you were wondering. I'm just weird like that. It was fun, though.
We need to make new gravestones, though. We made the ones we currently have out of cardboard when I was about six, and they're really bad and always falling over and stuff. We've taped unbent coat hangers to the back as the stakes. I forget what we were using before, but it didn't work, whatever we had. I'm pretty sure the coat hangers are a fairly recent addition, however. And, of course, we don't have any of the spider webs anymore, because we donated them all to the middle school play in eighth grade. It was "Boys and Ghouls," and it was set in a dark castle type place, and we had a plethora of fake spider webs with leaves and plastic spiders and stuff still attached, so it all worked with the decor.
I was the only eighth grader in that show. All the rest were seventh graders. I think it was because the person who did the casting put in all her friends, and she was a seventh grader. Maybe it was because I was the only eighth grader who actually auditioned. The funny thing was, though, that even though we auditioned in like September, we didn't actually start rehearsing until May, and the show didn't go up until the first week in June or something, and even then it was during the week, because we couldn't get the black box any time else, because a ton of other stuff had already been booked in there for the three weekends we had left in the school year.
So that's my story.
I'm going now.

No comments: