Yes, I know I didn't post yesterday. Lots of hectic things were going on. Anyway, exactly a year ago yesterday I cut my hair for Locks of Love. Exactly a year ago today, I walked into school with hair above my collarbone for the first time since the beginning of fifth grade. I don't know how I remember these things. Okay, I do. I programmed the anniversary of the donation on my phone. It's not really hard to forget anyway, as it's Veteran's Day. Anyway, now my hair is even shorter and more spastic, but I sometimes really miss having the long hair. You can do more with it. I like this hair, but still. It never stays when I try to pull it back and I can't do anything to it except wash it and brush it and wish it would grow out faster. Hopefully I won't have to bob it for the musical, because then it would never grow out in time for swim season, which would mean that it would be the biggest hassle in the world to get it into the swim cap, which means I would never be able to finish warm ups. Not that I ever finish warm ups or anything. But still.
It seems that all the people I know who have had long hair have donated it. Well, not everyone. But a lot of people. But it used to be that practically everyone in my group of friends at school had long hair, and now only one long-haired person is left, and she's going to donate soon. That would make four of us. One girl had hair down to her butt. It was insane. She had it that long for the longest time (hahahahahaha!!) but then she donated before eighth grade. And then I donated last year, and then my other friend donated not long after. All the rest of the group have cut their hair through middle school and high school. And now one is left. And it is very sad.
Okay, that's all I have to say for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment