Tuesday, November 10, 2009

WAHOO!!!!!!

Okay, I know that this is fairly belated, but I don't really care right now.
Better late than never, I guess.
So here is my AWESOME news: I HAVE A NAME IN THE MUSICAL! YAAAAY!
My name is Mathilde. I'm amazed I spelled that right. Anyway, I'm pretty sure our chorus teacher/ director made her up, but I don't really care. The point is, it's better than being just Jet Girl # 3. And definitely better than being Office Girl # 856. I probably won't have any lines, because number one, I'm technically a figment of the director's imagination, and number two, I was the last person on the list who had a name. As in, the next person's name on the list was under the heading of "female ensemble." And the cast list is order of importance. Millie was first. Jimmy was second. You get the point.
But either way, it's a lot cooler to have a name and be ensemble than it is to be just ensemble. Anyway, it should be more fun to be a sort-of ensemble person in "Millie" than it was to be an ensemble person in "West Side Story," because only the really important people get to do any significant amount of dancing and/ or singing in "West Side."
But in "Thoroughly Modern Millie" it seems that a lot of the extras get to do dancing and singing and stuff as well. And for this musical, it actually seems easier to be an extra, because, well, I don't know about you, but I'd find it kind of hard to belt a song at a hundred miles an hour while tap dancing. But that's just me.

No comments: