Happy December. I just got back from musical rehearsal. We were practicing a dance number that, like a lot of the dances, necessitates tap dancing at the speed of light.
Thoroughly Modern Millie is DEFENITELY a lot harder than West Side Story was, dance-wise. I'm a sort of extra, but that means I'm dancing in more songs than I was when I was in West Side Story, because the extras were either Jets or Sharks, not Anonymous People in the Background. So now I'm kind of hungry, fairly tired, and wishing I didn't have homework. But I do. But I'm not going to do it. Yet.
Anyway, the one good thing that's probably going to come out of this is that I'm going to be in a lot better shape than I was when I originally auditioned. That happened with West Side Story, too, but that was more stress and no sleep and lack of proper food for a few weeks than it was dancing my legs off, like this time. Mind you, it's probably going to be a similar situation during opening week because of the epic stress levels and practicing with the pit band and stuff like that. But still. It's probably worth it.
I guess I'm glad I'm doing this, but still, sometimes I wonder whether I was stupid to audition again because I sort of knew how it was going to be this time around for rehearsals, and I had a few doubts about whether it was fully sane to do it. But I think it is.
For the record, counting all summer camp productions, when Millie closes, I'm going to have done as many stage productions as I have years in my life. Counting the years when I didn't know what I was doing. Yes, that is a lot. No, I'm not telling you how old I am. I'm just going to tell you that it's more than ten.
I think that's worth not dropping out for.
No comments:
Post a Comment