Monday, December 21, 2009

YAY SNOW!!!

Well, had two feet of snow on Friday night. Apparently it's the third worst storm in the area's history. I remember having a storm sort of like this when I was in third grade. With all the drifts and shoveling piles and such, it gets nearly up to my waist, not my knees. I went on a walk with my friend and her dog on Saturday, and we had to stay in the road most of the time. We had to walk in the tracks where some cars had driven earlier in the day and therefore weren't as filled up with snow as other places, so the dog could actually walk and not have to swim in snow. Most of the roads we were on hadn't been plowed yet. They didn't even get my street until like 10 pm on Saturday. Then they had a hard time of getting in the street in the first place because there was huge drift right where they were coming in. I live just off a main-ish road, so they would obviously plow that one first, but they wouldn't plow the minor streets like mine until later. Mind you, they didn't do a very good job of plowing our street, once they got around to it. Today's okay, but yesterday it was really bad because it was pretty much a one-lane road, and we don't have a whole ton of room to begin with, especially with the cars parked on the crest of the hill. And there's the small fact that nobody could really get out of their driveways in the first place. On Saturday, the snow was so bad that my mom shoveled the driveway at like 8 am and then went out again at like 10 and it had a decent amount of snow on it again.

Well, needless to say, I got the day off. When we got two feet in third grade, we got off for like a week, but I don't think we're going to get off for a week this time. We might get off tomorrow as well, but probably not Wednesday. That would be completely stupid, because we have a half day wednesday and nothing important's going to happen except TAs doing Secret Santa presents and the volleyball tournament, and break officially starts on Thursday. Still, if we get Wednesday off, I won't get to learn who my Secret Santa was and what they got me and I probably won't get to see some of my friends who already graduated. Oh, well.

Well, I have found a new favorite song. It's "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson. It was the last song they played on Glee as well, which is how I found out about it. But I love it all the same. Glee is my new favorite show, even though I only got to see like half the season. I'm a singer. I love it. I might talk to my chorus teacher about doing a Glee club, but only after the musical is over. He seems kind of strained about the musical right now.

Since we're getting off school today and maybe tomorrow, we're probably going to get held an extra hour for the first week of rehearsal after break, which is going to stink everyone's socks off.

Whatever. I've got to go now.

No comments: