Monday, January 18, 2010

Gold Award

I just got done spending an hour and a half working on my gold award project application. Okay, not even the application. We were figuring out the logistics of how I'm going to do it and when I'm going to submit the application. This means figuring out what I'm going to do about safety, getting a sponsor who represents the people I am going to help, then getting them to write a letter to send in with my application to say that yes, they're my sponsor, and yes, they do represent the people I'm helping. I drafted the email and tried to figure out what sort of funding I need, if any, and when I'm actually going to do the project, and when I'm going to write to the lady that I want as my sponsor and do it in good time so I can meet with her to get her advice on the project. I haven't sent the email yet because I want to make sure the proejct complies with all the safety things first. Well, that was my mom's idea. But still. It's a good one. I think. Anyway, I still have to get the email done and get everything checked with the Girl Scout insurance. I'm going to teach self defense to underpriveleged teen girls who probably can't afford to pay for martial arts lessons and the tests and everything else that goes with it. So yeah.
My total hour count: 3.5.
The minimum number of hours I need: 65
The minimum number of hours I have left: 61.5.
Brilliant.

No comments: