Sunday, February 28, 2010
IN other news...
I'm probably going to either sing "Popular" from Wicked or "Notice Me Horton" from Seussical the Musical for Cabaret this year. I'm only going to sing "Notice Me Horton" if I can get someone to be Horton, which would be kind of awkward, because it's a half-love song, and at my age, asking someone to sing something like "Notice Me Horton" is basically like saying, "Hi, I like you, but I'm not going to say it, I'm going to sing it to you with subliminal referencing to my own emotions, and this won't be awkward at all. So will you sing it with me?" However, my voice coach suggested I talk to my chorus teacher about him doing it. My chorus teacher is awesome and everything, but still. It would be very awkward if I sang a half-love song to him/ with him. GAH!!! I love the song as well-I sang it in performance once when I was thirteen, and that was before I gave as much thought to this sort of thing, and I didn't have a choice in who played Horton- but I don't want to give the impression that I like him by asking him to sing it with me, you know? I do like him, but I don't like like him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment