It's the time of year where I have to start looking up summer jobs, and I'm NOT HAPPY about it. I don't want to be a lifeguard again. It's a good job and paid well and such, but everyone seemed to not like me all that much and it just wasn't all that fun. And I wasn't good at it. I know, there's nothing hard about sitting in a chair, but I'd be terrible if I actually had to save someone. I know, I went through the training and got the certificate and such, but I was really bad at it. Like, REALLY bad.
So I'm looking up other stuff. I don't know what I want to do yet, but maybe waiting tables or serving at the ice cream place. Or working at a craft store or something.
Anyway, my mother said that if I don't find a decent job to apply to by the time the deadline for the guarding applications are due, she's going to make me apply for guarding. I don't know why. I want to have a job this summer, but I don't want it to be one that my mom wanted me to do and I didn't. My ideal job, of course, is like my own knitting business thing, because I only have about five weeks of this entire ten-week summer where I can actually work, and only the last three are consecutive where I'm doing absolutely nothing, and I don't think any job would hire me when I can only work for three weeks, so I could run my own business on my own time. And I don't think I can have the time commitment to do a job during school where someone else is the boss. It just wouldn't work.
Anyway, I'm going to go and look up various jobs that I could potentially do that my mother won't hate. I'm not sure how well that will work, but it's worth a try, you know?
No comments:
Post a Comment