Well, I've finally finished the scarf I have been working on for about a week. If you condensed all the time it took (as I did) it only took about six hours to make. (I was writing all the times down because I want to sell it on Etsy. That would involve getting an Etsy account. But more on that another day.) The scarf is about 65 inches long and is butter yellow (I love that term.).
It's probably not the coolest scarf I've ever done (in fact, it's probably the most bland, if truth be told. I've never done a scarf that was just one color all the way through, and now I have.), but it'll probably be warm. I wouldn't know. I haven't tried it yet. If I sold it on Etsy, I don't think anyone would buy it if I listed the price by what minimum wage is in relation to how long I worked on it. (If I did that, it would cost almost 50 bucks. I don't think anyone would pay $50 for a plain, yellow, garter stitch scarf, however warm and long it is. Garter stitch is the easiest stitch there is.)
Anyhow, at least it's done, and I will be able to post it online... maybe... once I get the whole account thing running... yeah. But whatever.
But general poll: how much would you pay for a plain yellow scarf that was 65 inches long (five feet five inches, just for reference)?
The end for now.
Will write more later.
Maybe.
If I have something to say.
1 comment:
$20, at least? Such a long scarf is eminently wrappable, which is key. Are there similar things at Etsy to be purchased, so you can compare and get pricing ideas?
Also, Vanessa in the main office sells things on Etsy-- she might have an idea!
Similarly, she has created something called something like "knit a bit" (I forget the name, she told me in an email) where people who know what they're doing can stop by and knit a few lines in a scarf that, when it gets long enough, will be finished and donated to someone who needs a scarf. I am pretty sure I am explaining this correctly. Something to ask her about! She is great, SUPER-creative!!
Post a Comment